• CBD IsolateAs the purest form of CBD that manufacturers extract from the cannabis sativa plant, it has no smell or taste in its crystal form, as a powder or in oil. Without THC, it produces no feelings of euphoria but may create weight fluctuations, insomnia, diarrhea and fatigue. Without THC, it differs from full spectrum CBD products and contains none of the psychoactive components of cannabis.
• Broad Spectrum CBDA middle option between isolate and full spectrum, broad spectrum contains many of the beneficial compounds in the cannabis sativa plant. While it does not contain THC, it may provide some heightened effects that occur naturally from the “entourage effect,” a combination of the various compounds. As the best all-around choice that provides the most benefits, broad spectrum products offer the best results.
• Full Spectrum CBDWith a combination of all cannabinoids in the marijuana plant, full spectrum products contain trace elements of TCH that may produce minimal psychoactive stimulation. The compound that creates a “high” occurs at 0.3 percent or less.
Understanding the Superior Qualities of Broad Spectrum CBDThe combination of components of the cannabis sativa plant in broad spectrum produces the best outcome for achieving restful sleep and relief from pain and discomfort. Known as the “entourage effect,” the relationship of the chemical components creates an enhancement that makes each one more effective. The presence of multiple components creates an effect that none can create alone. While CBD isolate contains no other ingredients, broad spectrum contains naturally occurring chemical compounds from the cannabis plant without any THC. Components that include cannabinol (CBN), cannabichromene (CBC) and the myrcene, limonene, and pinene terpenes contribute significantly to the entourage effect. Each one contains unique properties that may promote wellness and a sense of well-being.
• Cannabichromene (CBC)Cannabichromene may help reduce pain and swelling. While it may affect the brain to provide relief from depression, anxiety and pain, it has no effect on thinking as THC does.
• Cannabinol (CBN)A rare chemical compound in the cannabis plant, CBN may provide anti-inflammatory effects and sleep-inducing influences as well. In combination with other compounds in broad spectrum CBD, it may produce benefits and enhancement through the relationship.
• TerpenesFound in the characteristic scent of an orange peel, lavender or pine, terpenes create the aromatic compound that may prevent animals from grazing on them. They help protect plants from predators and may guard against infectious germs. As they dry and cure in the process of producing cannabis, they oxidize infuse a mild aromatic scent as they contribute chemical elements that may provide health benefits.
The terpene myrcene occurs naturally in mangoes, lemongrass and peppercorns. Limonene in the peel of citrus fruits may also block cancer-forming chemical and help kill cancer cells in research laboratories. Pinene, recognizable as the scent of pine trees, provides challenges to researchers to discover its potential for treating cancer, inflammation and respiratory conditions.